How are you doing?
I’ve really been trying to maintain a positive mindset over the past few months and one of the things that I’ve been hearing and reading over and over again is to be grateful for the things around you that bring you happiness. I started making a list of some of the things I am grateful for and I wanted to share them with you. So, here they are:
- Sunrise/Sunset- As I mentioned before I haven’t seen a sunset yet. I do plan to some time later this year, it’s a must!! I love looking at photos of them online, they’re so pretty! I really like sunsets too. All the colours are fab; lots of shades of orange, yellow, red and even sometimes purple and pink.
- Tea- I love tea. A lot. It’s very rare that I will refuse a cup. I like it milky and often.
- Ice cream- I’m a huge fan of icecream especially during the Summer and sometimes in the cinema as there is a little Ben and Jerrys kiosk at my nearest cinema. My top flavours are strawberry, raspberry or passionfruit.
- Comedy shows- I’m always up for a good laugh. The best shows for that for me are Father Ted, The Big Bang Theory or Friends.
- Good books- I love a good book and just getting absolutely lost in a story especially on a dark rainy night on the corner part of the sofa in the living room. I’m so thankful for all the books we have and that we have access to libraries.
- People I love- I’m so grateful for all the lovely people I have in my life; my parents, grandparents and all my family and my friends. Without them I woulfn’t be who I am today and it’s so good to have people that make me laugh and suppor tone another.
- Moments of laughter- I really appreciate those unexpected moments when someone says something hilarious and you can’t help but have a giggle or a full on huge laugh. It’s those sort of moments that really brighten your day.
- Singing- I’m not at all good at it but I’m am grateful that I can give singing a go. It’s something I love to do whenever I get a chance, especially if I’m tidying the house I like to belt out a couple of my favourite Disney songs!! Belle, Make a Man out of you, Won’t say I’m in love and I just can’t wait to be King are some of the usuals!!
- Running through fields- I did a cliff walk with my Mam a few weeks ago and the views were breathtaking, especially as there was this big area of fields that you could run through and it was such a freeing feeling, it was wonderful.
- Music- I love a wide range of music! Anything from rock to pop! ACDC, Queen, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, The Script….!!
- Dancing- I don’t dance much in front of people, I’d be way too uncomfortable with that. Instead I absolutely adore dancing in the kitchen with the radio on full blast (sorry neighbours!) when there’s no one else home. I twirl and twist around the kitchen while singing to my heart’s content.
- Blankets- I love nothing more than snuggling up on the sofa in the living room
- Happy Memories- I’m so glad to have really good memories to look back on, especially when I’m having a down day. These happy memories are usually the simplest moments that just have really good feelings asscoiated with them that can cherish and be grateful for.
- The theatre- I spoke about this before in a blog post. I really love the theatre and acting and it’s something that I’m so thankful we have. I’m going to see Wicked on Friday and I’m so excited!!
- My home- I’m grateful to have a place to live with people I love in a warm and safe place,
- The blogging community- I’ve been a part of the blogging community for around two years now and I’ve been having a ball. I’ve come across some absolutely lovely bloggers and got to know some of them really well. The blogging community is one of the most supportive communities and I’m proud to be a part of it.
- The seaside- To me there is no better place to be than by the sea at a quiet beach just taking in the sea breeze and the beautiful view. I’m so glad to have such nice beaches around Ireland and I’d love to live in a seaside town in good few years, it’d be just so lovely and peaceful.
- Smiles- This isn’t the sort of thing that happens all the time but it’s so lovely when it does: when you’re walking down the street and you pass by someone on the street and you make eye contact and give each other a little smile and continue to walk on about your business.
- Colours- This is something my Grandad used to always say and I’m only starting to understand and appreciate it now. He’d look at something and admire the colours in it and it’s something I’m beginning to do now too..
- Warm showers- This is the best when I’ve had a long day or am feeling under the weather or on a cold Winter’s day when I come home freezing.
- Cake- I am a huge fan of cake through and through. I love a good sponge cake with raspberry jam and cream oozing out of it. Absolute heaven on earth!! I also wouldn’t say no to a good slice of apple crumble and ice cream or baileys cheesecake!!
- Nature- I’m so thankful that I live super close to a beautiful park. It makes me so happy to be surrounded by mountains and lakes and leaves and flowers of all sorts!
- Running- I’ve been really enjoying running lately. It’s funny because I used to hate the mere idea of it years ago and now I can’t get enough of it!
- Fairy Lights- I have the cutest fairy lights with teeny tiny bulbs that shine different colours. They are wrapped around my bookshelves and I turn them on in the late afternoons and evenings during the Winter months to brighten up the room and add a little light and fun to the darker times of the day.
- Flowers- I love flowers. I particularly like having them on my desk in my bedroom. It just brightens up the whole room. I can wake up and see them and I can be working at my desk and see them. It’s something pretty to smile about in the morning.
This was a really fun post to write and really reminded me of all the good things in life that I have and can be grateful for.
What are you grateful for?