Self care is so important and I am trying to include it in my daily life and have a variety of things to do for self care. I thought I’d share them with you!
- Colouring- I never realised how relaxing colouring can be. I’ve made time to do it each night and it’s a great way to have some me-time and have something that you have made by the end of it. There’s a great choice of things to use when colouring; felt tip markers, fine liners, paint, colouring pencils…you name it! It’s a good time to get creative and focus your energy solely on what you are doing and not focus on your worries and relieve your stress.
- Walking- Walking is a nice way to get out of the house. You can walk for as long or as short a distance as you like; around your housing estate or to a local park. Lately I’ve been enjoying jogging. It’s difficult to think about much else when you’re jogging really fast with the wind blowing in your face. I recently tweeted that I never feel bad after a run and for me, that is so true!
- Listen to music- Chilling with a pair of earphones in a comfy spot or having the radio on full blast and dancing around the kitchen (I do this when no one’s home haha) are both great ways to practice self care. Creating a playlist can also be a good idea because then you can have all your favourite songs in one place.
- Meditate- If you’ve seen my latest post you’ll know I’m trying to incorporate meditation into my daily or at least weekly life. Meditation is a great way to take a couple of minutes out of your day and be by yourself to readjust and reflect by relaxing and checking in with how you are feeling.
- Catch up with a loved one- It’s easy to spend to much time working or getting lost in your thoughts and forget to check in with a friend and catch up on all your news. I find myself having a great laugh when I do that and just really enjoying their company.
- Watch your favourite movie or TV Show- Watching tv, especially your favourite. I love comedy so Friends is rights up my street. Any sort of tv show that gives you the feel good factor or that warm cosy feeling!
- Write- It can be nice to write down how you’re feeling or simply an account of how your day went. I think this is also called journaling which I’ve heard is great too!
- Organise your things- I’ll be honest, I can be a messy person at the best of times. But I get such satisfaction out of picking a space in my bedroom or in the house and tidying it, clearing out bits and pieces and re-organising it. It can really make you feel proud of your work!!
- Bake/ cook/ buy something nice- There’s nothing like a sweet treat to make you feel good inside. It’s certainly not healthy to indulge all the time but having it every so often is certainly okay. My favourite treats are: jelly babies or pringles. But I do love to bake vegan lemon cookies with my friend.
- Pamper yourself- There’s nothing like treating yourself to a bubble bath, favourite shower gel or a face mask or even just spending time doing your make up. Sometimes having a little routine can help to go through the motions. Also all things bath and shower and perfume smell fabulous so that’s always a plus too!
I hope you enjoyed this post about self care. Have you done any of these things that I have mentioned above?
Have you any other self care activities? I’d love to hear about them!