My goals for 2018

Hey!

Happy New Year!

2017 is officially over and we can leave it behind us. 2018 is a new year for all of us. It’s a fresh start.

This year I’m going to try and be kinder to myself and do more things I enjoy.

I want to start meditating regularly this year. I’m not the best at sticking with habits but I definitely want to try and be serious about this one. I have the app Headspace which is brilliant by the way! The problem is I don’t use it often enough. This year I want to complete one meditation per day. I’ve decided to start off with three minute meditations before progressing onto five minute ones and then hopefully ten minute ones.

I also want to try and be less hard on myself and do more of the things I enjoy. I would love to read a book a month. I love reading and I haven’t properly done it in ages. If I don’t read a book a month I at least would like to make a conscious effort to read even a few pages of a book every day. I want to regain my love for reading and get truly lost in the world of a good story.

I want to get my creative side going again. I love making handmade cards and drawing. All this seems to stop when I get stressed or unmotivated or frustrated but I’ve started looking at my life and thinking that these things that I enjoy shouldn’t stop when I’m going through tough times. They should continue. In fact these things that I enjoy can be used to help me get through the tough times. They can act as a way of expressing myself, who I am and what I believe in.

Lastly but by no means least one of the other things that I enjoy and want to continue doing throughout 2018 is getting outdoors and enjoying nature. I enjoy jogging around my local area as well as going on long walks in parks.

Did you make any new years resolutions this year?

2018 is a new year and I hope to make it a good one.

I hope your 2018 is a great one full of happy times.

Until next time!

girl masked

1. jennymarie4 says:

Happy New Year! My resolutions are similar to yours… especially the meditation and reading part. I have the Headspace app too, and love it. I’ve got to get back to it! Thanks for the motivation 🙂

Thank you!
      That’s great, glad you’re enjoying it too!
      Aw no problem at all, thanks so much for reading!

2. hollyjohnsen says:

I like how all your goals are realistic and something that wouldn’t take up more than 30 minutes of your time each day. XOXO.

3. These are great goals, good luck with them, i know you’ve got this! B x

Thanks so much! 🙂

4. Happy New Year to you, Kate! It sounds like you have some really positive goals to work towards this year, I really enjoy meditation and yoga as well, and I definitely also need to make an effort to incorporate them more into my daily routine! I have been making a few cards and getting creative myself recently, it is so much fun and so rewarding to see something come together in front of you! Wishing you nothing but the best!

Abbey xx

Thank you!
      Oh that sounds lovely! I saw one on one of your Instagram stories, I think it was for your Mum’s birthday. It was so cute!
      Definitely agree with you there!
      Thank you!

5. Happy new year to you too! Wishing you all the best in achieving your goals, they sound really realistic and super positive!

Jessica & James | http://www.foodandbaker.co.uk / http://www.foodandbakertravels.co.uk

Thank you very much!

6. Great goals, one of mine is definitely to be out in nature on long walks.

Thank you! Fab goal, it can defintitely be fun, best of luck with it!

7. Ashiana says:

Happy New Year! I love what you said about getting your creative side going, I think that’s an excellent way to create an impact in the positivity we have in our lives. I also love how simple these goals are as they are definitely attainable and worthwhile.
    ashianashome.wordpress.com

Thank you, you too!
      Thanks, it really do the world of good.
      Glad you like them!
      Thanks so much for reading 🙂

8. veronikalesr says:

These are great new year resolutions! ✨ I can relate to you; I’m a true bookworm but the past year I didn’t have much time to read anymore! So that’s definitely something I want to do more this year!
    “get truly lost in the world of a good story” – love that! 😍

Thank you very much!
      Hope your 2018 is going well so far.
      Best of luck with your reading goal, hope it goes well for you. I’m enjoying getting back into reading myself.
      Aw thanks! 🙂

9. Happy New Year!! I really hope you achieve all of your goals lovely, I highly recommend Michael Sealey on YouTube for at home meditations, he is incredible. 🌸💗✨

With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    http://www.alishavalerie.com | http://www.twitter.com/alishavalerie

Thank you, happy new year to you too!
      Thanks so much!
      I’ll definitely check him out on youtube, thank you for the recommendation. 🙂

10. Sarah Ann says:

Ah our goals are so similar! I’ve just started meditating (there’s some great apps I use if you’re looking for any) and they are so good. I’m really enjoying it. Feel so relaxed and motivated. Good luck with your goals xx

Best of luck with the meditation, hope it goes well for you. 🙂 Oh great, what apps would you recommend? Thank you!

11. I’ve been really enjoying getting outdoors and exploring nature in 2017 too, so I really hope that this continues into this year! I can also relate to not having much time to read, this is definitely something that I need to make more time for!
    Love,
    Hayley x
    Lifethroughtsg.com

That’s great, I’m so glad you’re enjoying it. Same here I’ve been going out for more walks in my local park and it’s been fun. Best of luck with the reading, hopefully we both get a chance to do more of it!
      Thanks for reading 🙂