Travel Collab post

Hi,

I have been working on this collab post over the past few days with the lovely Sophie Amelia over the last few days and it’s been a pleasure to work with her. Below is an introduction piece about Sophie Amelia that she wrote herself.

https://sophie-amelia.com/ is an honest lifestyle blog writing reviews, recommendations and just general tips to help you lovely people out. I will never write about something that I don’t believe in just because it’s what people want to hear, however I love that people actually take the time to read my content and enjoy it; and hopefully my posts can answer questions.

I’m a 20-something pizza lover, wine drinker from Hull, who loves long walks and drives out. Nothing gets me more excited than planning my next adventure – so when I was given the opportunity to do a collaboration with another blogger around this topic, I was so excited!

Kate has been a great blogger to work with, and I would love to work with her again in the future.

1. How many countries have you visited?
Sophie Amelia: I’m not sure off the top of my head, but from what I can remember approximately 15? This number needs making bigger!

Kate: Just two! Hungary and Italy!

2. Which was your favourite country?
Sophie Amelia: It’s got to be Thailand, there was just something about it I can’t put my finger on. The food, the culture, the scenery – I spent nearly 2 months there, and I’m itching to go back!

Kate: Definitely Italy! We stayed in Lake Garda and then travelled to places like Verona and Venice. I loved it. There was something so magical about it! The scenery was amazing, so many different streets, mountains and flowers!

3. What 3 places are next on your bucket list to visit?

Sophie Amelia: Santorini, Italy and more parts of the USA.
Kate: London, Paris and Seville

4. What is your go-to travel necessity?

Sophie Amelia: It’s got to be a camera of some sort. Whether it’s my iPhone, Canon, or an underwater camera. Snapping photos on holiday is a must!

Kate: My camera too!! I take a crazy amount of photographs on holidays! Probably a book and notebook too with a pen to keep me occupied on long journeys!

5. Where are you going on your next travels?

Sophie Amelia: I’m heading off for a weekend in Amsterdam in November for my birthday, it’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to go!

Kate: I have no idea, I’ve no plans!! I’d love to go to London next and travel around the UK.

6. What is your go to summer holiday outfit?

Sophie Amelia: I need to find a summery, floaty dress for every holiday. Without fail.

Kate: Simple shorts and t- shirt with my favourite runners and a bracelet!
7. What’s the best thing you’ve ever bought in another country?
Sophie Amelia: This is so hard, as I love to bring stuff back with me. It’s got to be between my beloved red furry gilet from NYC, my hand-made customised jewelled ring from India, and my underwater phone pouch I bought in Mexico.

Me: A small mask based on the Commedia Del Arte Style masks which I bought in Italy last year and it is hanging on my wall.

Thank you for reading our collab post, I hope you like it!

Until the weekend!

gilrmasked

1. Kayleigh Zara says:

I have to agree Italy is my favourite place I absolutely love Venice I’m going again later in the year! Thailand sounds amazing too x

Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

Yeah, I love Italy too! Oooh fab, I hope you have a brilliant time! Venice has to be my fave place in Italy! Yeah, I’d love to go to Thailand some day!

2. sophiaaxo says:

This is the first post I have seen like this and it was really interesting to read. I LOVE AMSTERDAM!

Sophia xo // https://sophiaaaxo.com

Aw thanks so much, I’m glad you liked it!

3. Oh how talking about travelling makes me jealous! I would love to travel more. Italy sounds amazing, and the food…..! I found this post very interesting 💕

lauras-look.blogspot.com

Me too, there are so many countries I want to visit!
      Thanks for reading!

4. Lupe says:

I don’t travel much. Never been to Europe 😭 But I hope one day I can go to all the amazing places you girls have 🙏🏽❤️

Aw yeah, I have so many places I want to travel to as well!

5. rachyblogs18 says:

Love reading these types of posts!

Great, glad you liked it!

6. Faye says:

I’ve wanted to visit Amsterdam too! It’s also really nice to see parts of your personalities showing in your answers, as they’re very unique and reflective of who you are / where your interests lay.
    Faye x

Glad you liked it 😊

7. Kimberly says:

Oooh I love this kind of post! I would love to do something like this with another blogger in the future 🙂

Much love xx
    Kimberly

Yeah, it was great to work with another blogger! 😊 Thanks for reading.

8. Chloe says:

So glad you loved Italy, I lived in Verona for a year and it’s one of much forever favourite cities!

Chloe x

Oh wow, I’d say it was amazing to live there!

1. Chloe says:

It really was a dream aha! I’m always trying to go back!

9. Wow, I love the way this post worked out. I love that you can clearly see the differences between the two of you in the answers you give, yet it comes together and makes a perfect blog post between the two of you. I’ve done a super bad job at explaining that, but I hope you know what I mean.
    I’m honestly not surprised that your camera is one of your holiday essentials–the photos you post over on your Instagram are insanely good!

I’m so glad that you liked it! It was a really fun collab! Aw thank you very much, that’s very kind of you!

10. Sophie Amelia says:

Enjoyed doing this with you! So pleased everyone is enjoying reading it! 😘 xx

Thanks, I enjoyed doing this collab with you!

11. Loved this collaboration Kate, I love to hear about other people’s travel adventures! I just wish I got to travel more myself. B x

Thank you! I’m delighted that you liked it!

12. thatssobecks says:

Love a good post about travel!

13. This is a great and fun collaboration! After coming back from our travels we’re ready for the next and feeling the blues already. We’re hoping to explore Italy together next year!
    Jessica & James | http://www.foodandbaker.co.uk / http://www.foodandbakertravels.co.uk

Thank you, delighted that you think so! Aw yeah, I get what you mean! Holidays can be so much fun! Oooh that sounds great!

14. georgiaheaddon says:

I’ve been to Seville and it’s one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited – although when I went it was 43 degrees 😅 I’d definitely recommend going!
    Best wishes, Gee x

Glad to hear that it’s a beautiful place, I would love to go! Wow, that’s very hot! I think I’d need to go when it’s a little cooler, I wouldn’t be able for that heat haha!
      Thanks for reading!

15. Oh man, Italy is my absolute favourite!! I’ve been to Sicily, Rome and Venice and they were all super beautiful with incredible food. You’ll totally love Paris too, it’s just as magical as everyone says it is 🙂
    Alice Xx
    blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

I love Italy too! I’ve been to Verona, Venice and Lake Garda and the Dolomites and all were fab! I’d love to go to Sicily and Rome, would you recommend going? Aw thanks, definitely would love to see it! Thanks for reading! 😊

16. Hayley says:

loved this style of post! I would love to travel to London, Rome or Italy, and New Zealand to sit on a big cliff

Thank you, I’m delighted that you liked it! I really enjoyed writing it! That sounds amazing! I would love to go to London and Rome too!

17. It was fun to read your differing answers! I love floaty dresses like Sophie Amelia.

Thank you, I’m glad you liked it!

18. Ashleigh says:

Italy is my favourite place in the whole world, I fell head over heals in love with Rome when we visited last year, and I’d give a limb to go back! Such a lovely post, I love it! Xx

Oooh I’d love to go to Rome! I went to Venice, Verona and Lake Garda last year. Definitely want to go back to Italy and see Rome! Thanks so much, glad you liked it!

19. abbeylouisarose says:

I really love the idea behind this post, Kate! It’s great to hear from two bloggers in one! Italy has also been one of my favourite countries that I’ve visited – it’s beautiful and the food is amazing hehe! Thanks for sharing!

Abbey ❤️ http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

Thank you, I’m so glad that you liked it. Yeah it was really fun to work on! I loved Italy too and would love to go back!

20. Great questions – I loved seeing how different your answers were! I can’t believe Sophie Amelia’s been to 15 countries.That’s amazing!

Glad you liked them! Sophie came with them and it was great working with her. Yeah, it certainly is.

21. This was so fun – like sat having a cup of tea and chatting about all things travel! I’m definitely going to check out Sophie Amelia’s blog, too. I love how varied all the questions are! You’ll have to let the other bloggers from the pod know when you do make it to London so we can all have tea and cake!

Kate x

Aww I’m so glad that you liked it! It was so much fun to write! Ah that’s greay that you’re going to read Sophie Amelia’s too, it was great to work with her! Oh thank you so much, that would be fab to meet you all! 😊

22. Great collab! I love travel posts, Italy is definitely my favourite place!
    Hels xx

Glad you liked our collab! I love Italy too, it’s a beautiful country!

23. I absolutely love this post

1. Oops, I pressed enter by accident! I absolutely love this post! Travelling is something I’ve been getting into a lot more this last year. Italy sounds absolutely beautiful, and I would also love to visit Thailand, they’re both on my bucket list! Great collaboration.
      Love,
      Hayley X
      Lifethroughtsg.com

It’s grand!
        Thank you, I’m so glad that you liked it!
        I really want to travel more. Yeah, I loved Italy. Glad you liked thed the collaboration, I enjoyed working on it with Sophie.
        Kate

Thank you!

24. I was supposed to go to Italy a couple of years ago but sadly it had to be cancelled due to my health. I’d love to explore there soon though. 🌸💗✨

With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    http://www.AlishaValerie.com | http://www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

Ah hopefully you’ll get to go some other time 🙂
      It’s a beautiful country.