5 things to do when you’re feeling anxious

Heya!

Hope everyone is keeping well!

I wanted to write this post to list the different things I do to calm myself down especially after my last post regarding things that make me anxious. By the way I want to say a huge thank you for the lovely, positive comments and feedback I received on that post, I really appreciate it. I’m currently sitting on my post feeling a little drained after the panic attacks I’ve had over the past week. I’ve been doing a few things in an attempt to calm myself down and some of them have actually been working so I wanted to share them with you.

1. Drinking camomile tea:Β I get my camomile tea in Aldi and it’s delicious! It comes in plastic bottles and also has some peach and green tea in it. There’s something so calming about drinking it. There’s lots of different teas to chose from that can suit everyone’s tastes.
  2. Bach Rescue Remedies: I take these quite often when I’m feeling anxious or have had a panic attack. They’re small and round and yellow and they actually taste fine.
  3. Humorous shows:When I’m anxious I like to watch light hearted shows that I don’t have to think too hard about. Even if I can’t concentrate fully on them or laugh they can still act as even a bit of a distraction to take my mind of how I’m feeling.
  4. Talking to someone:Β I don’t do this often enough but sometimes sharing what’s on your mind can really help. The problem may not go away but telling someone you trust can help ease the anxiety you feel. Sometimes even without getting advice the support itself can be brilliant.
  5. Spending time outdoors: When I’m feeling anxious I have very little motivation to do anything let alone exercise. But honestly I can’t recommend it enough. Not even running but a short walk or stroll can be of great benefit to your mind.

That’s it for now!

Hope these tips help some of you. If any of you have any of your own techniques you use to help yourself feel better when you’re feeling anxious please feel free to leave them down in the comments… you never know they may help someone!

See you back here next Saturday!

girlmasked

20170703_163720
Rescue Remedies
20170703_160459.jpg
Camomile, peach and green tea

1. These really work! Thank you so much for writing this. Serves as a gentle reminder for me πŸ‘πŸΌβ€οΈ

Thank you! No problem at all!

2. Loz says:

I completely agree with everything you have put here! With being an anxiety sufferer myself, I know that these all work for me! Also I have found the puzzles such as dot-to-dots and sudoku help me relax for a little while!

Thank you! That sounds great, thanks for sharing that, I think I might try that too!

3. Hey! I found your blog as I am also a fellow sufferer and teenager and love your writing style! I will definitely be following along for more πŸ™‚
    I recently started my own blog so if you could check that out and maybe share it and offer any tips on blogging that would be so appreciated.
    Hope you’re well, Amy xx

Hey! 😊 Thanks so much for your comment and for reading my post! I did read some of your posts and left you a few comments too. I really like your writing style too so I’m really looking forward to reading more of your posts. 😊

As for blogging tips I’d say to post as frequently as possible,like some people post twice a week others post once a week like me, whatever suits you, maybe develop some sort of schedule. I found this pretty daunting at first but it actually ended up keeping me pretty motivated and enjoying blogging more.
      I’d also recommend blogging about what you like and enjoy and what youre passionate about and want to share your feelings/opinions on. You don’t always have to follow the crowd. Be yourself and readers will like you for that!
      Interacting with other bloggers is important for increasing your overall blog traffic but it can also be really fun too! It gives you a chance to get to know other bloggers and learn knew things. There are some great chats on twitter…have you tried any of them?

That’s all I can think of at the moment…I hope it’s of some help to you.

Thanks again for your kind words.

I’m doing okay thank you, I hope you’re keeping well yourself. 😊

4. A lovely post x I find gentle exercise like yoga helps when i feel anxious, and can fend off a panic attack. My go to anxiety reliever is a bath with a humongous amount of bubbles!

Thank you! That sounds great! I used to do yoga a few years ago and I’d like to go back to it. Ah sounds fab! Thanks for reading my post!

5. Talking to my other half when I’m anxious has become a thing for us as I never used to but we find it helps everything!
    Jessica & James | foodandbaker.co.uk / foodandbakertravels.co.uk

That sounds really great and helpful. Happy to hear that it’s helping. It’s great to have someone there that you can trust and talk to.

6. I’m with you on watching something light hearted, that doesn’t require much brain power! I find distraction helps.

Yeah, it can definitely be a greay help!

7. These are some great tips! Thank you for this post! I agree, spending time outdoors can really change your mindset and wind you down!

Charlene McElhinney

Thank you very much! I’m really glad that you liked it! Yeah, I agree, it can be so helpful, theres something great about spending time outdoors around nature! 😊

8. abbeylouisarose says:

I’m a huge advocate of Bach Flower Remedies – I think they’re amazing! I use rescue remedy frequently myself and White Chestnut for when I’m feeling upset and needing some mental clarity! This is a fab post, some great ideas here!
    Abbey πŸ¦‹ http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

9. Really love these ideas babe, thank you for sharing. πŸŒΈπŸ’—βœ¨

With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    http://www.AlishaValerie.com | http://www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

No bother! I’m delighted that you like them!

10. Spending time outdoors is my favourit way to recover from a panic attack or to ease my anxiety, it just makes me feel so free. I have never heard of bach’s rascue remedies before, so I’ll have to give these a go, thank you for the recommendation!
    Hayley X
    Lifethroughtsg.com

That’s great, it can really help, I’m trying to spend more time outdoors. Yeah they’re really handy, I’ve been taking them for a while now and they can help. No problem at all! Thanks for reading!

11. Completely agree with these, especially watching a lighthearted TV show and just talking to someone! Having a good chat can make the whole world of difference!

Yes, it can be so helpful! Thanks for reading!

12. Kayleigh Zara says:

These are some great tips! I don’t struggle with anxiety but it’s still good to know for people that do x

Kayleigh Zara πŸŒ»πŸ‚www.kayleighzaraa.com

Thank you very much!

13. I use having anxiety as a fuel to get me going. I know that might be odd, but the feeling of my heart racing fast makes me feel I’m alive. I try to also tell myself that everyone is secretly worried what the other person thinks of themselves which is true. Thanks for sharing these tips! 😊

That’s such a great minset to have about anxiety! I really never thought of it like that! Yeah, you’re right there, I think we’re all self-concious about something. No problem at all! Thanks for reading and sharing your views too, it was really nice to read your positive comment! 😊

14. Jessica Eden says:

I love bach’s rescue remedies! I don’t know where I’d be without them! I use the 20ml dropper.

Me too, they’re so useful, especially the ones for sleeping.

15. Mademoiselle says:

A much needed post; I shall employ more of these!

Thanks, hope they help!

16. Being outdoors certainly helps me a lot when my anxiety kicks in. I have a beagle so that makes it a lot easier to go for walks and means that I always have company

Yeah, me too. Oh that sounds lovely.

17. Thanks for the advice, I’ll make sure to try them out

No problem at all! I do hope it helps!