Hope everyone is keeping well!
I wanted to write this post to list the different things I do to calm myself down especially after my last post regarding things that make me anxious. By the way I want to say a huge thank you for the lovely, positive comments and feedback I received on that post, I really appreciate it. I’m currently sitting on my post feeling a little drained after the panic attacks I’ve had over the past week. I’ve been doing a few things in an attempt to calm myself down and some of them have actually been working so I wanted to share them with you.
- Drinking camomile tea: I get my camomile tea in Aldi and it’s delicious! It comes in plastic bottles and also has some peach and green tea in it. There’s something so calming about drinking it. There’s lots of different teas to chose from that can suit everyone’s tastes.
- Bach Rescue Remedies: I take these quite often when I’m feeling anxious or have had a panic attack. They’re small and round and yellow and they actually taste fine.
- Humorous shows:When I’m anxious I like to watch light hearted shows that I don’t have to think too hard about. Even if I can’t concentrate fully on them or laugh they can still act as even a bit of a distraction to take my mind of how I’m feeling.
- Talking to someone: I don’t do this often enough but sometimes sharing what’s on your mind can really help. The problem may not go away but telling someone you trust can help ease the anxiety you feel. Sometimes even without getting advice the support itself can be brilliant.
- Spending time outdoors: When I’m feeling anxious I have very little motivation to do anything let alone exercise. But honestly I can’t recommend it enough. Not even running but a short walk or stroll can be of great benefit to your mind.
That’s it for now!
Hope these tips help some of you. If any of you have any of your own techniques you use to help yourself feel better when you’re feeling anxious please feel free to leave them down in the comments… you never know they may help someone!
See you back here next Saturday!